ISO 14001: ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
The standard contains the core element for management of companies activities and process. It is applicable for both manufacturing and service sectors. The ISO 14001 is focused in terms of requirements for a specific policy for environmental issues, aspects identification for setting objectives and target besides compliance with applicable legislative and other regulatory reuirements.
The main elements of the ISO 14001 standards are :
- Environmental policy - planning
- Implemtntation and operation
- Monitoring and corrective action
- Management review
Benefits of ISO 14001
- Minimizes organization impact on environment
- Improves operational efficiency for cost saving
- Identifies opportunities for cost saving.
- Energy conservation
- Reduce environmental liability.
- Improves societal image.